1. Answer the following questions briefly.
(a) Which winds bring rainfall in India? Why is it so important?
Answer: Due to India’s location in the tropical region, most of the rain is brought by monsoon winds. Because agriculture in India is dependent on rains. Good monsoons mean adequate rain and a bountiful crop.
(b) Name the different seasons in India.
Answer: There are four different seasons in india-
• Cold Weather Season (Winter) December to February
• Hot Weather Season (Summer) March to May
• Southwest Monsoon Season (Rainy) June to September
• Season of Retreating Monsoon (Autumn) October and November
(c) What is natural vegetation?
Answer: The grasses, shrubs and trees, which grow on their own without interference or help from human beings are called natural vegetation.